Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thing #16

Wikis were simple for me. I used a wiki in my graduate class to help collaborate ideas about certain topics that were discussed in class. The students could have a book wiki to discuss books and compare ideas. Everyday I have a read-aloud time for my students to sit back, relax, and listen to a book. On the wiki, the students could discuss different things that were taking place in the book or even make predictions for what is to come in the book. They could also share books they are reading independently. This would be a little better than the LibraryThing because they could share if they liked the book, not just that they read it. They could then make recommendations on whether or not to read the book. This would make an easy book review site for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment